Written during the quarantine of 2020, the poem should be said with an upbeat tempo,…
Anne-Sophie forwarded me this link and I am happy to share it with you. Although I am not a great fan of New Year’s resolutions, I do like the five that Coleman and George propose to aspiring leaders.
1. Find a trustworthy mentor; I am lucky to count about 3 mentors. Perhaps I can make sure to contact them more often (they live abroad, sometimes in completely different timezones). Skype has made it much easier!
2. Form a leaderhip development group; Definitely something to look at. I belong to personal development groups where I can bring issues of leadership. But a leadership development group would provide quite a great perspective.
3. Volunteer in a civic or service organisation; This is great to do. Not only because you are doing good, but also because you learn new skills, you get a good feeling, you gain new perspectives and improve your network.
4. Work in or travel to a new country; Very inspiring. I will manage to do some work abroad or with people from other nationalities and cultures. Though I am still very much limited to Europe and the USA.
5. Ask more questions that you answer. Ah yes! This one is definitely for me!
How about you? Make it your intention to put your attention on one of these for the next few months. Until it becomes a habit.